Thursday, January 18, 2007

I did well at work again today. I also did not buy anything. I ate a homemade breakfast. I had a free lunch at work. I am eating dinner at home from my pantry. I was able to add a $1.25 to my EF jar. I finished another roll of quarters- just need to find a wrapper. I started on the last roll I need to fill before I can start the the 2007 qtr challenge.

I am stoked about The 2007 qtr challenge. I am dissapointed in myself. I could completed the end f the year challenge on time. As it stands now, I need to save 44.50 each month in qtrs. That is 180 incidences of saving a minimum of $1.

When I break it down to daily, it breaks down to 5 times a day. That is doable but tight. I plan to be intense finishing the 2006 End of the year challenge. Then I am really kicking butt on the 2007 Challenge. for 6 qtrs daily- that includes 3 meals a day ( yes, I know, There will be days when I will buy something to eat). That leaves a minumum of 3 more ways I will have to save money daily.

Some of the ways I can save money:
not turn on the heat- when it is bearable
not turn on AC- when it is bearable
mend clothes, instead of buying new or new to me
buy gas at the cheaper gas stations that are nearby
make my own laundry detergent
be more agressive selling things from my home
cut down and then cut out cigarettes
making my currently large supply of shoes last even longer by cleaning them agressively
do my own repairs at my house
SELL THAT HOUSE
bring home free food when possible
put off buying computer
continue having productive days at work
increase my mileage from work- also untaxed
continue skipping haircuts ( locks of love)
make my shampoo supply last ( should be good for the year)
make my soap last ( should have enough for the year)
turn lights out when not in use
use GCs when I need to buy groceries
make gifts when possible- use gift stash also
make do with what is in my closet- no clothes for special occassions
completing surveys for cash and GC's

1 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best with theese saving money tips - small changes can make such a big difference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home