Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Day 34- muddled

I am ashamed to admit I broke my meal plan for the week. I went to the grocery store and spent $20 on crap for dinner. I have plenty of sufficient food in the house but I am feeling down and I let it get me off track.

I did do one productive thing last night. I pulled my bank for dimes- Gallon sized, cat shaped. cat food container :). Anyway, I have been saving dimes for a few years. Just the ones that come in my change. I have a grand total of 214.50. Judging from how much room these dimes took up, It seems the contaner will hold about $1000in dimes. I've written down the amount, put it in a plastic sleeve and I"ll track my progress. it originally started out as garage sale money for a HUGE yardsale held every two years. Then I changed it to my new clothes fund. I'm open right now as to where it will go.

I am seriously thinking about finishing up my nickle motivation banks and then stepping it up to a dime at a time to motivate me to do chores and other things I tend to procratinate about. That is a bit in the future though. I have two plastic pigggy banks. One is 60 % full and the other just has less than an inch full. I will finish off the first one and then go to the less full one. When they are both full, my plan is to cut them open and roll the money. I want to buy an i-pod, but I am making myself earn it by not being lazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home