Monday, January 22, 2007

2006 End of the year qtr challenge -should be done by this time tomorrow.

I am reallllly looking forward to this new challenge starting up, even if it is 23 days late. You better believe I am going to be intense about this challenge.

Here is the review:
365 days- 23=342
342 days= 1.50 a day

1.50 a day breaks down to 6 qtrs or 6 ways I HAVE to save money each day.
Given savings opportunities=

  • 3 times I can make my own food, each day
  • Using my work computer vs buying a new one
  • Filling up at the least expensive station vs when I am out and what is handy
  • not turning on heat or air ( Of course it will be used when needed- but good planning can go a long way- an addition to the challenge would spur me to bundle up or open windows)
  • drinking generic soda

I'll add more as they come to mind. Right there are 6 qtrs without any other sacrifices or changes. And there are other opportunities that come up periodically. I am confident that big 'ol canister will be full by the end of the year. It will definitely be interesting to see how fast I meet the challenge and how far I can blow past the goal of $500.

Wouldn't it be cool to surprise myself by adding an entire month of expenses to my LTEF. Ok, I am really getting ahead of my self and setting myself up for failure. I mean could I really save a $1- 6000 times in one year??? LOL or is it??? We shall see. Anyway the first goal is $500 and that equates to 2000 savings opportunities I have to identify and accomplish.

Kneehigh challenge- Going strong. I found two more pair to add to the mix. I am considering dividing the kneehighs up and allowing myself so many pairs per month. Hmm with 36 pairs, that would only be 3 pairs per month. Maybe I can see if I don't lose anymore than 3 pairs per month. That might be more reasonable. Oh, the silly games I play with myself.

2007- 1000 item decluttering challenge- I am only at 23 items- oh well as sale season starts up that will pick up for sure.

Nickel Challenge- Since yesterday, I have been evaluating this challenge. In the spirit of self improvement, I have decided the money is DEFINITELY going toward a new computer. If I was starting from scratch and expecting to find a really good computer for $500 on sale, that would require 10,000 times I will have to resist procrastinating to earn my computer.

This seems like a worthy challenge. Hey after 10,000 times of resisting the temptation to put something off, I should be building some pretty strong and positive habits.

Fun breakdowns: I would have to not procrastinate 30 times a day to get my new computer by the end of the year. I can tell you right now, this is going to be a very long challenge.

I also broke down what the old computer cost me to own. SHEEZE, after getting ripped of on the rebates, I ended up paying over $1 a day just for the computer itself. That is pretty sad. My first computer lasted 5 years and even after paying $1200 cost me les than .65 a day. Neither of these figures count in ISP or interest for charging those computers.

This is real motivation to keep my current job. For those who have been reading a while, you know I also purchased this laptop for work. The big catch is that when I leave it stays with the company. I was replacing one that was loaned by the company but stolen from my car. The cost of computing just keeps going UP and UP. I just ran the numbers and it has cost me 1.25 a day to compute and this is before financing, ink or ISP cost. It is eyeopening but depressing. I have got to find a way to get these computer cost down. That will be another project.

Of course, I am still hoping for an amazing deal on a used computer at the annual church yardsale. All I need is a new tower. I have everything else, including two repair guys that can evaluate them. ::: crossing fingers and wishing on stars::: ( cuz this is an expensive item to be budgeting right now)

I big shout out to me!!! I found enough ways to save $1 ( hey, I write this crap and do chores or stuff at the same time-) and already did them to finalize my 2006 End Of the year challenge. I can now start the 2007 $500 challenge. This just makes my night!!!

I am going to be swimming in change by the end of the year. Maybe I should change the title to "Making Change" LOL

I am most excited about all the positive impact each of those pieces of change represent in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home