Sunday, July 09, 2006

Pushing and planning

As I mentioned previously, My family is having a three week yard sale. Normally, I am against such drawn out sales. My family seems to do pretty well with these sales. They don't do them too often and they live on a relatively busy highway. Location, location, location.

I have decided to pack up several items and put them up for sale. My goal is to raise as much as possible toward my SD. I am pushing toward the payoff. It probably won't hurt and it could possibly be quite rewarding.

So far, I have taken several pieces of art work off my walls and out of my closet. These are pieces of which I am not overly fond. I want to eventually replace most of them so why not start now? So I am cleaning house and piling up what I want to enter into the "3 week sale." I am actually getting a bit excited. Every dollar I earn is a dollar towrd being DEBT FREE!!!

My little sister has a booth at a sale house. It is sort of like a consignment shop but they simply charge straight rent. I am going to ask her if I can put a few items in her booth, Right now I am on her good side. The $400 savings in jeans put me solidly in this position. I am also considering rounding up excllent condition items of clothing that I do not use and place them in consignment. I know this is a venture I want to explore and exploit more in the following year. I am working on my "Gazelle Intensity." Those who know Dave Ramsey ( http://daveramsey.com/ )will know this term.

Right now the plan is to load up my old work car since it has the most room. I will drive it to my family's house and help set up for the sale.

As a side note: On Saturday, I will take the old work car in to my mechanic's shop and have him run a diagnostic analysis. He does not charge me so that is a plus already. After we run the diagnostics, I will create a plan to tune up the car out of my mileage money. So yes, I have decided to focus an getting the old work car into shape before I focus on the sports car. I want the mileage from work to accumulate on the work vehicle and save the cute car for casual driving. The longer each one last, the longer I will have to save toward my favorite 100% down payment plan. I just need to stay focused on here and now. SD, SD SD that is the main objective.

2 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://indexmachine.info/594.html and http://google-index.info/2602.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home