Sunday, July 09, 2006

Unprepared

I was going to attend church this evening. Actually, I was struggling with the decision for some reason. OH yes, I am lazy, that's why. I decided that not only should I attend church, but I needed to attend. So ok, I had arrived home from my sister's house an hour before church. I discovered that I have nothing clean and presentable to wear to church. Which is a complete shame considering all the clothes I received lately. So I am sitting at home tonight doing laundry and feling guilty.

Why feel guilty with a decent excuse like no clean clothes?? UH, because their is no excuse for no clean clothes. This means I also have no clean clothes for work or stepping out of the house. How did I get home? Was I naked? No, I was wearing a rumpled dress that had gotten slightly dirty while performimg some chores at my sister's house.

In a nut shell, I am not prepared. Basicly, I am a bum. A bum who can not even be prepared to attend a service to thank the Lord who gives me all things good, including allowing me to be at my mechanics's garage just in the nick of time to save me a fortune. What an ingrate I am.

I think I may just put on my old prom dress, if it is at least clean.


Edited later that evening...

Ok, I rounded up an outfit that was at least presentable. I attended the service and I am glad I did. For those uniterested in my religious activities you may find what happened amusing. I was late and sat at the very back, to the side where we have seating but no kneelers. I was kneeling for prayer. Unbeknownst to me, my knes was tightly on my skirt, there was no slack. When I adjusted my position, I fell forward and nearly landed face first on the floor. I barely caught myself before my nose made contact with the marble floor. After I righted myself, I had to hold back laughing at my own self. This would not have been funny had it happened to someone else but somehow it was funny when I did it. It was also pretty embarassing. And for those wondering, yes, I did tythe, something I need to catch up on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home