Saturday, July 01, 2006

Money Saving Recipe From My Little Sister

Faux Febreeze Recipe

My sister sent this recipe to me and all I can say is FABULOUS!!

It cost pennies compared to $4.79 for a bottle at the store. I cut the cost further. You will know I am frugal when you read this one.

When I use dryer sheets, I cut them in half. I use one. The next load I use the other. I keep a ziplock bag with my laundry supplies. The manufactuer makes them stronger than needed. I have been cutting them for years. I believe I learned this tip in high school. I save the two used sheets.

Sometimes, I use those two used sheets if the load is very small. Now, I save all the used ones even the ones I have used twice. I put them in a jar with 25 oz of water. It soaks the last bit of fabric softener out of the sheets. I then pour the water into my old Febreeze bottle. It takes several used sheets but I was going to throw them away.

I normally do not use liguid fabric softener. From time to time I find offers for free samples of liguid fabric softener. I order those and use them in my Faux Febreeze. Basicly, I have free febreeze all the time. Doodoodo0doodooo, I'm loving it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home