Sunday, June 25, 2006

Weekly Round UP

Let's cover this week

1) Had two accident to my car :( One was my fault and I owned up to it and paid the person. One was passive. My drunken neighbor hit my car a couple of times with her big ol' honking SUV. The issue is unsettled at this point.

2) I ate out more than I should have $$$$

3) I noticed I am becoming more disciplined YEAH!!

4) I did start my Father's birthday gift. It is a BIG snack and convenience food gift basket. He LOVES these especially as his birthday is right at the time he goes on his annual 3 week vacation. The basket saves him a great deal on snacks and light meals. I buy the items at little to no cost with double coupons, sales and a nose for killer bargains.

An example would be the 6 cans of pringles I purchased for .25 each. They are well in date. Why were they such a bargain? They were at a small convenience store out in the deep country where apparently the customers don't care for white cheddar cheese. Cha Ching -I bought those 3 days ago. It pays to pay attention where every you go. My dad loves Pringles.

Another example is a 6 pack of Dasani water I received for free. Plopped them right in the basket. I carry pre-filled bottles from home and I am concentrating on saving money right now. The rate of return on investing those water bottles in the gift basket is very good.

I also received a huge bag of Cheese Nips, several candy bars and some of his favorite stew at no out of pocket expense. In the basket they went. The basket itself is very nice. I picked it up at a church yardsale for .25. This basket is pretty big too. I still need acquire more items to finish filling it out. So far, I have $2 invested in the gift. A little creativity goes a long way when saving money.

5) I picked up a minimum of 4 complete outfits at my church's Trash and Treasures. I also found 6 white shirts and several other various shirts that will allow me to stretch several more pants and skirts throughout this year and next year. Most were pristine and a couple had spots that Oxyclean brought back to like new condition. I can not tell you how much I love Oxyclean. I invest in it regular and it pays huge dividends. Maybe I should buy stock in the company too.

We dress business casual at work so all of these are very appropriate. There was also a dressy black top that I can pair with a pair of black pants and have a elegant ensemble for an evening out. Not bad for .50 for each article of clothing.


6) I have improved my realistic sense of what is and what is not a good cash investment in my day to day life. I was decent before but it is always nice to reach a new level of competency.

7) I did panic quite a few times at the prospect of paying off all my debt, living well and saving for retirement. I keep reminding myself to take it one step at a time and with diligence, I will get there. I realize I have made some errors, luckily, none that were too awful and that I am dedicated and intelligent enough to continue plodding along. At the very worst, I will be better off than I would have been previously. My biggest regret is that I am a 36 year old woman and time is slipping away. I was much better off 10 years ago.

8) I am increasing my cooking at home. I used to be very good about this but in the last 5 years slipped away from using this skill. My hips can attest.

9) I made the decision to make a velvet and satin quilt for two of my sisters next year. Both of them would love them and they would be useful. My plan includes what velvet and satin I have on hand plus acquiring more at my church's T&T. With the sale in July most people could care less about velvet.

Between this year and next I plan to acquire enough to make two quilts at a total cost of less that $20. Yep- I have written it and I am committed. This means I will need to work diligently for the next year and a half to gather, design, cut, piece and assemble two quilts. The whole project should save me approximately $100 compared to what I would have spent in cash. It will definitely cost me more in effort and time. I hope this project turns out well or it will be for naught. ( isn't it satisfying to be able to finally use that phrase?)

10) I noticed an improvement in my diligence at work. Very Nice!
Remaining employed is definately a good step toward being debt free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home