Thursday, June 15, 2006

WOOHOO- I am so looking forward to Friday

WHY??
A) it's payday
B) I make the final addition to my $1000 EF- THAT STEP WILL BE FINISHED- I will have accomplished a goal! YEAH ME
C) it's Friday and that alone is worth a whoo hoo.

Another Whoo Hoo- I was cleaning out my closet looking for items to donate to my church's yard sale. I discovered I have an extensive wardrobe!!

There is one catch. ( always a catch isn't there?) This extensive wardrobe is one, two and three sizes too small. Is this bad?? Eh.. not such a bad thing. I am so set on saving money AND having a nice wardrobe that I just found my motivation to start losing weight. As a matter of fact.... I plan to do my favorite thing.

Uh... ok, one of my top ten favorite things .What is that? Develope a POA. Heck, I just love typing POA. It makes me feel powerful. I am WOMAN, hear me roar! I am invincible, see me POA!

Ok, back to reality. One of my long term goals is to have a great wardrobe.Tadah, I have one. I just can not utilize it as of yet.
Actually, I have two and a half. As I mentioned these clothes span three sizes. I have almost a full wardrobe in the first two sizes and a few for the smallest size, which is my goal size. This is good news in numerous ways. I have plenty of clothes to transition through each size without making major purchases. I will need to take an evening and inventory the items and see exactly how many outfits I can put together.

My wardrobe plan also includes listing other items I need. I find keeping a list of desired/ needed items helpful. This allows me to save money by being on the lookout for really good bargains. How many times have you kicked yourself for not buying an item when you could have aquired it for a steal? This can happen with any item, not just clothing. It also helps cut down on purchasing items you do not need. I find a working needs/desires list a money saving tool.

Just having the fantastic wardrobe feels good. This means the money I was going to budget toward a needed new wardrobe can be put toward something else. See, it really pays to buy quality classics. I am a sucker for Linen.To make it better most of these are items I purchased at thrift stores. All of these items were high quality and VERY inexpensive.

Of course, there are a few more items I will need to purchase. Most of these items are foundation garments. Not needing to purchase an entire wardrobe will allow me to spend more on quality over a shorter period of time. Just as important, I have just saved a considerable amount of time. And as we all know time is money. So tonight has been win, win, win. I am a very happy person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home