Saturday, June 10, 2006

Money Saving Strategies

  • Use a fan instead of AC as long as possible ( I take a shower as soon as I come home and rinse off a few times during the day when I am at home- the evaporation is very cooling)
  • Currently eating out of freezer and pantry. I have way too much stored away. it is not a bargain if it rots.
  • Not buying any new clothes,

EXCEPT a few from my church yardsale. So far I have spent almost $20 and I have aquired enough shirts ( mostly white) to finish out my current size's wardrobe, most of my next size and a few more for the last size in my goal. I consider then a wise investment. There is also brand new skirt in the style I was going to attempt to sew from material already on hand. At .50 it was worth buying it rather than making it. The amount I invested in these clothing items will pay off in a few ways.

First, it allows me to have nice work and casual clothes right now. I don't need or feel tempted to buy items. Second, I can stretch next season's clothes without paying retail. Third, I have better quality on several items than I would have spent had I purchased retail. Fourth, the higher quality last longer and gives a good a good impression. And finally, it all goes to a good cause.

The $20 includes a few household items such as a brand new pack of unopened razors and some new in the package luxury soaps. The soaps were cheaper than less luxurious ones on sale with a coupon, on double coupon Thursday. lol

I also bought a brand new leather jacket for my sister. shhhh, it is a gift for helping me on a project. :) cost of jacket $1.00. Yes, One dollar! She will be very pleased. Taking my lunch to work

  • Budgeting my mileage reimbursement for gas, ins. and maintenance and toward the purchase of a new car in the future. I really need to stick to this.
  • minimizing eating out
  • Creating as many free to me Christmas gifts as possible
  • Utilizing Mypoints for one sister's Christmas present.
  • Placing a quarter in a jar everytime I save money- This money goes in my hidden EF account
  • Working on an aphgan out of leftover yarn. During the winter it will assist with keeping my heating bill lower. Other pluses include, This aphgan will be disposable ( I won't feel guilty about tossing it later), uses up leftover yarn I can stand to throw away and it will keep me entertained on boring nights while I work on it.
  • SLOWL Y preparing for my return to Flea Marketing - Extra Income
  • Looking at covering the windows that get the most exposure with emergency camping blankets- They are basicly made of Mylar. very light weight and reflective. I just wish they were longer. I bought one at Walmart and the other I found at our church yardsale. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home