Friday, June 23, 2006

DAMN!!

I can't believe it. I went outside this morning and someone really smashed into my car. No note or anything. I traced it back to the SUV across from my car in the parking lot- sure enough, MY red paint was on her bumper.There was even a chunk hanging from it that perfectly matched the spot missing paint on my car door. I went and knocked on her door. She came to the door looked in the peep hole then did not answer until I banged on the door.

I first thought she was going to put on a robe or something. I had to knock twice more 10 minutes later. When she answered the door, I could smell the beer so strong it was obvious she had been drunk when she came in. That or she downed a 12 pack during the 10 minutes I was waiting for her to answer the door. Yes, it was that strong.

She said she did not think she had hit my car. I confronted her with the red paint on her bumper she apologized and stated she now remembered driving to the store late last night ( let me guess.. for some more beer?). From 4 foot away the smell of beer was enough to knock me down. That certainly explains part of the accident. She said she would turn it in on her insurance and give me her insurance information later.

She also said she had to be at work in 45 minutes so she did not have time to do it immediately. She was still home when I left for work an hour later and still home when I came back for lunch. She must have been sleeping it off all day.

I took pictures and flicked the paint into a baggie. I am giving her until I get the esimate on Saturday. If I don't hear something I will call them myself.

When I examined it closer, it is evident she hit right beind the door very hard, then while trying to maneuver away, hit the door twice. I hate hulking SUV's for just this reason. She did not even have the decency to let me know. On top of that, she woke me up 3 times last night as she stood yelling at her dog right outside my window. Little did I know not only is she rude she is a bad drunk driver. Is there such a thing as a good drunk driver??

1 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Blogger yasser said...

sounds like the perfect neighbor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home