Saturday, June 24, 2006

Think, think, think - June 24th 2006

As I posted earlier, my car has a couple dents now. I am very bummed. I was planning on running this car into the ground and buy a new one in about 5 years. I had very serious plans to drive until the odometer reads 300,000 miles. It is currently at 156,000.

The car still runs well, but at 10 years old, putting the repair money into it doesn't seem as cost efficient. I could put that money in an account and continue to add to it from my mileage. The major down side is that I would be driving a crappy looking car. The frugalist in me says drive it anyway. I need to find some middle ground.

I also do not have the money for the repairs yet. The girl may not pay for the damages she inflicted. I have decided to have faith in the woman and not let it stress me too much.

I am still thinking about how I want to handle the funds if they should appear. On top of that I did not get an estimate today because the man I want to fix my car is not available this weekend. The plan is now to get an estimate elsewhere and send it to him and try to get to his area this week and let him look at it.He will then write an estimate that he feels matches the actual damage.

I like him. He is honest,diligent and the work he does is flawless. He also does his best to keep the expenses to a minimum. He feels if he does an honest and fair job then he will prosper. I try to refer as much work to him as I can because I believe in his philosophy and I am impressed with the quality of his work. I have paid more for less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home