Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Took Action

I called the woman's (who hit my car) insurance company and filed a claim. I had spoken with her earlier and it caused me great concern. She has been dodging me and not returning written messages or voicemail. So I called from a different number. Hello... We live in the same building and she passes by my door anytime she leaves the building.

During today's conversation, she repeatedly stated she would "help" me "some" toward the repair bill. I made it clear that she was responsible for the entire bill and that I had gone out of my way to ensure the bill would not cost her an arm and a leg if she decided to pay out of pocket. I had cut her a break by being willing to accept less than pre-accident condition. I told her that I had felt bad for her and had asked the person giving me the estimate to let me know what was the cheapest alternative.

She tells me that she "got around" to looking at the damage to my car. ( 3 weeks later?) and she decided that MAYBE she put the little scratch on the front bumper. :::shaking head::::: You cannot smash someone's car and then decide you will pick the little scratch over the actual damage you inflicted. I let her know, "uh-uh, I know who put that scratch on the front bumper and they will testify to it." She really irks me and her " I'll be nice and pay for that little scratch." attitude.

THEN she says, "Did you know you have a flat tire? I let her know it is not flat, it is shredded and that it occurred last night in a very bad neighborhood leaving me no choice but to drive to a safer location only to find that my spare was not MY spare resulting in my needing a tow home.

I mean how could I NOT know my tire is hanging in shreds? I am beginning to think this woman is not the sharpest crayon in the box. That would be the only possible reason why she thinks I will go along with her not meeting her obligation or that I would say, "OK, you can pay for the little scratch and I will pay for the HUGE smashed in portion since you "decided" you did the little one or let her pay "some" and forget the rest after she has been dodging me AND insulting me by lieing.

If she had come to me and attempted to work something out I would have gone along with it. I hate to be a jerk or uncaring. I can also see I would have gotten burned. I am glad I did not offer to let her make payments. I would have never seen them. So all in all it is a blessing she is pulling this stunt. It allowed me to wise up and make contact with her insurance without a guilty conscience for being for being mean. Not that it is mean to expect someone to take responsibility for their actions.

I need to go rest a little while, I am getting too worked up over someone else's moral and ethical failings
************
I am really disappointed in her actions. One, she was drinking and driving. Two, she hit my car and then decided to ignore it. Three, she lied about it then "remembered" when confronted with the evidence. Four, She decided to dodge responsibility and my polite attempts to get in touch with her. Five, after apologizing and stating she would contact her insurance, a) she did not contact her insurance, b) After I considerately concede to less costly/lesser quality repairs, she then states she and her friend "decided" she did not do it after all and her friend will back it up. Six, she tells me she will "help" me pay for the damages but not much because she has had her car broken into etc... AND she thinks I should be grateful she is willing to pay any at all.

What is wrong with this woman/spoiled brat? She thinks if she ignores the situation it will go away and she will have no consequences for her actions??? Does she think that I should pay for her actions when I did not cause the accident to begin with or that I should drive a beat up car because she changed her mind about paying for damages her vehicle inflicted on my property? I really hate this kind of crap.

I wrote her another polite letter and let her know of my decision to go ahead and contact her insurance company on my own since she has not.

The letter stated that I was troubled by our conversation and her remarks to "help" me pay for "some" of the repairs. I also stated that if she was truly not to blame for the damage she should not have to pay. I then stated that since the issue suddenly turned to a dispute, I felt we should leave the decision to the professionals to determine whether her vehicle did the damage and whether the evidence including the paint on her bumper was from my car.

I saw her come in. I went upstairs, knocked, heard the TV and received no response at the door. I slid the letter under her door and this is the last contact I will have with her as I get the feeling she is one who will suddenly "decide" I am harassing her.

I also get the feeling that her friends will inflict damage to my cars as retaliation. Didn't I graduate from High School nearly 20 years ago???

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home