Monday, July 10, 2006

Gazelle Steps July 10th

Today's efforts to be a Gazelle include:

* took my lunch and beverages to work

* boxed up a few items for the big yard sale- I want to maximize my profit. Profits are headed toward SD.

* resisted a strong urge to grab fast food on the way home

* made rice and steamed veggies for dinner Monday night and breakfast and Dinner on Tuesday.

* Left extra sandwiches in fridge at work for Lunch tomorrow. ( Can't forget if they are already there.

*Made 1 1/2 gallons tea for this week's beverages

* Completed 2 loads of laundry in order to stay ahead.

* added $1 to my savings jar ( when full it is deposited in my EF account. This amount is usually $70)

* Worked on 2007 Financial Goals and strategies- How is this helping my current finances?? The plan helped me see where I need/want to be next year. I am able to plan my route to get there.

I am also able see changes that need to be made and begin implementing them now. An example might be, I want to restock my pantry all new next year. So this year I am REALLY focusing on eating out of my pantry. I am also making plans as to exactly what items I am aiming for in next years pantry.

I would not be entirely disappointed if I should empty my overflowing pantry this year. This would mean I had accomplished a disciplined job of cooking at home, minimizing additional out of pocket expenses for food and that I had not been wasteful.

Another example would be, I broke down my misc. Category and how much each misc. expense cost me each month/year. I saw my misc. annual expenses is projected to be over my total budgeted misc. amount ( currently $50 a month).

That tells me I need to consider moving some of these items from the misc category, reduce the amounts I spend on each expense and to be more creative with my income production and resources.

Positive Event: I received a $72 check from some bank shops I did almost two months ago. I am putting the full amount in my SD fund. I hope to deposit $107 on Tuesday.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home