Saturday, July 22, 2006

Expecting A Huge Downturn In Networth

It looks like I will be moving. I have had three incidences against my car recently. All occurred at my present residence. This does not include the incident where someone hit my car. Not so ironically, each incident occurred within 24 hrs of when the girl who hit my car has received bad news from the insurance company. No one else has had this problem with their car/ The landlord reports no previous issues either.

There are more details related to this but I will pass on posting them. I get a headache eveytime I even think about it. I will say this. I have filed police reports as is appropriate and I have refrained from any retaliatory actions. I am going to let Kharma bust her. That's not say that if I gather legal evidence I won't take her to court.

This last time has in all likelihood immobilized one of my cars permanently. The repairs will probably run more than the cost of the car when I bought it.


At this point I am not sure what my plan is going to be. I need to recover the cost of the laptop, possible repairs to my station wagon ( I have not decided whether I will even try to have it repaired.) and to my sports car. I am also concerned that there will be even more cost. A quick estimate of the cost are currently $3k-$4K. Geeze! Add that on top of all my other expenses I have incurred and I am pretty bummed. It appears I will be retiring the "Crimson Ride." For those who don't know, I am a huge Bama Fan and the dearly departed vehicle was indeed Crimson in color.

Somehow I will overcome this obstacle. Somehow....


The bright side is that I will be getting a roommate. I have known her for two years and we are both extremely responsible. We have discussed boundaries and how we would handle expenses.It is nice that we both attend the same church. We can go together. She is very excited and I am becoming more so.


I looked at an extremely nice apartment complex. They have pools. Yes, multiple pools. There is a fitness center, tennis courts and a raquetball club. The new place is only 4 miles from my job. We added up expected expenses and we estimated we would each be saving $300 or more every month. YEAH!!

The place is much nicer than where we live now. We are also excited about the sunroom ( more like a sun alcove). My dad and her mom have offered to help us move. That would help alot. We can even throw a moving in party. We are both pretty quiet, so the party would be more like a dinner party or small BBQ.

If you have any moving tips feel free to post them in the comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home