Tuesday, July 18, 2006

$100 toward SD

For those unfamiliar with SD, that means Stupid Debt.

I deposited my paycheck today. I actually got paid last Friday but was too busy to reurn to the office at the time checks arrived.

I took out what I received in mileage. $465 to be exact for two weeks. Out of that I replaced the $100 I took out of my EF (the basic $1000 Dave recommends) for tires last week. I did not go to the bank for this money. I was on a tight schedule that week. And I replaced it today.

That left $365. I bought a soda and two Rally burgers for dinner. I worked late. Oh and .39 worth of Milano cookies. .39 will get you three cookies. Sometimes you just have to treat yourself. I did at least pack my lunch today. I also carried a quart of sweet tea. And I am thinking about how to reproduce the Milano cookies. They seem pretty basic, but oh so good. They would make a great gift.

That left $360. I took $100 out of that to go toward my SD. That left $260.

I put $20 worth of gas in my car. Now I am down to $240.

I took out $100 to cover tags I did not buy two weeks ago. That money went toward the car repairs I needed that weekend.

I have $140 for gas until the end of the month. Not bad considering this month ends next weekend.

I do have one dilemma. One of our coworkers has been out sick. She called today saying she begged her doctor to let her come back tomorrow. She also reports she has no food in the house at all. Her two kids are staying with her mother.

The dilemma is this: She lives paycheck to paycheck, drives an expensive vehicle, has a nice house and spends a lot of money. How do I decide how much to give? I had planned on $100. Then I was reminded of how much she spends while working a low paying job. I do feel bad for her but how do I weigh this against the fact that she should save for emergencies. I doubt she will learn a lesson from this.

$50? $40? $25??? I am stuggling with the fact that I am working toward improving myself and have some to share but she just lives paycheck to paycheck due to her own choices. I do want to be charitable. Am I just being a judgemental witch???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home