Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 86- YEAH

9 months and 3 days.

The weekend went fairly well. I saved on shipping a Christmas gift to my oldest sister (my little sister is sending it with her box of packages) and ended up receiving a box of Laundry detergent. 100 plus loads for FREE. That pretty much takes care of all my laundry expenses next year ( washers are free to use in my building)- YEAH

I did not turn the heat on at all this weekend nor did I suffer for it. When I found myself a little chilled, I put on my socks, then slippers and a sweater. After each addition I was toasty warm. This morning I did use an electric space heater in the bathroom but other than that I was perfectly fine. I love to save but there is no need in suffering. I will turn the heat on when there is sufficient cause.

I did start adding another quarter to the LTEF jar for every day I avoid turning on the heat. It is still fairly warm here with an occasionally chilly day or evening. Nothing socks, a long sleeve shirt and a sweater doesn't easily handle. I have calculated that I save approximately $4 each day I put off firing up the furnace. In one month, that is over $100.

Update on "End of The Year Quarter Challenge"

As of this morning, I have 119/400. Yeah. To stay on track, I need to have 134 by Halloween, which is definitely doable. I love the push of trying to reach a goal. This one requires me to find more and more ways to save money AND I don't get credit unless I actually implement the savings.

I am getting more and more excited about my 2007 quarter challenge every time I look at this end of the year challenge. I know I am going to meet and exceed my 2007 goal of adding $500 to the LTEF just by adding one quarter at a time (from saving a minimum of $1).

When I finish my 2007 quarter challenge, I should be able to add regular contributions to my LTEF into my budget. These quarter challenges are just a way to build the habit of contributing to my EF ( procrastination is such a bad thing) while I focus on debt reduction. When I have no more debt, I will be able to really build the LTEF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home