Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Priority Number One- Work

Work is currently my number one asset, as such I need to protect and cultivate it. I need to do a few things here.

  • PAPERWORK
  • Scheduling- I will have 60 clients that MUST be seen each month. I tend to scramble ad I have missed a few the last few months.
  • Image- This is made up of appearances, performance and behavior.
  • Networking- both at work and outside of work.
  • Relationship building

Paperwork- This is something I have struggled with for years. I have decided to make this my number one focus. Today when I go into work, I will will complete ALL of my time sheet for yesterday and the notes. All of this will go into a handy little plastic sleeve/envelope I have already labeled completed timesheets and notes. I am going to embrace my biggest challenge and conquer it. I will be the Queen of Paperwork.

Scheduling- I am not too bad here but I'm building more discipline into this area.

Image-

A) :::sigh::: I loathe to admit this but... My appearance is not so hot. I really need to focus on this more. I need a better hairstyle, which is definitely a challenge as I grow my hair out for Locks of Love. I'll rise to the challenge. Makeup needs more emphasis. I tend to skip it when the humidity is high, in the summer as it makes my face itch to the point I scratch with a vengeance. Clothing is ok. Not as much work needed here. I just need to stay on top of laundry, so I am not going for the b-list items as much.

Weight - Besides health reasons, I really need to lose weight. I am officially a plus size woman. While I am still wonderful, there are people who view this negatively. Socially accepted "pretty people" are seen in a better light. They are perceived as more successful and competent. I am all about taking advantage of an edge when it is not morally wrong and there is nothing morally wrong with being a healthier weight.

B) Performance- As I build more discipline into my paperwork, this will improve. I already receive a fair bit of praise for the results I get on many cases. The big problem is my paperwork being late and then not up to the standard I would personally set for myself. It is hard to meet that standard when I am scrambling- Scrambling has got to go!

I personally believe that the company owners would see me in a MUCH better light if they never had to deal with my paperwork issues. Image is definitely a multi dimensional issue.

C) Networking- This is another area I need to vamp up. It is not one of my strong points. I certainly need to develope a plan and work toward increasing my professional network.

D) Relationship building- this definitely an area I need to address. I am just not very good at politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home