Friday, October 13, 2006

Day 76-- SD UPDATE and EF Update

I deposited $400 in my SD account yesterday. Today I was looking at my checking account and realized I have enough to add $1700 to my SD account. I did it too.
I feel like I have graduated to a new level.graduation cap and degree scroll
It felt so good to take the magic marker and fill in the last of that thermometer chart I used to watch the progress.

My spending will be a little tight until the end of the week but not in a severe way. I just need to keep a eye on how much goes out until I make my next deposit coming up next Friday. It is worth it, because..... SD is fully funded. I just need those stinking statements to send in my payments. UGHHHHHHH!

I also made an $80 deposit to my emergency fund.It is officially at $400. All from The August challenge that ended up taking until the end of September to accomplish.

A reminder to my readers regarding my Quarter challenges:
I keep a Hershy's chocolate syrup jar on a shelf. Everytime, I save at least a dollar, I put a quarter in the jar. When the jar is full, I deposit the amount into my Long Term Emergency Account.

I do have the Baby EF that our good friend Dave advocates. That is easily available and stays fully funded. While I have the Baby EF ( which is bigger than the Long Term EF currently), I want to see at least a little progress in my LTEF. So I add the jar money. The jar helps motivate me toward taking even a tiny baby step toward better habits. All those quarters add up!

My current Q-challenge is to save $100 for the LTEF by the end of the year. As of this writing, I have 52 of the needed 400 quaters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home