Sunday, September 17, 2006

Day 50- Learning New Tricks

I am learning to make pasta. While Pasta is relatively cheap. I am always looking for ways to make everything less expensive. One major note: A pasta maker would make it efficient enough to sustain as a worthwhile endeavor.

The time is a big expense. I can see me doing it if I have time on my hands and I am in the mood. But those two issues are far and few between. In a attempt to streamline this issue I have posted on Freecycle for a pasta maker.Free is definately a goal. If not then it will go on my wish list for future purchases and gift requests.

I am counting on someone having a pasta maker just sitting around the house gathering dust and taking up space. I have a pretty good feeling about this one. I am also going to put the word out at work and among my friends that I would give a loving home to an orphan pasta maker.

Besides saving money, the pasta would be healthier. I also understand that fresh pasta is so much better than store bought pasta. As for the saving money, initially it did not seem like that big of a deal. Then when I made some herbed pasta, I realized all those lovely gourmet pastas I love are where I would save the most money.

I also realized it would simplify my kitchen. I already keep bulk flour in the pantry. There is a LARGE basket full of different pastas. By only needing to store the flour and pasta maker I could utilize the space better. Now, if I find pasta at a super cheap I would still buy it for rushed weeks. But being able to whip up a batch is also enjoyable.

************
TROUBLE ALERT!

I have been looking on ebay. I have to keep reminding myself that The shipping is outrageous ( they are heavy) and I may lose interestt after a while.that and the cost would make it un-economical. I would have to use it for years until it paid off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home