Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day 49- every little bit helps

I received some good news. My scheduler called yesterday and offered two shops. I can do them on my lunch break and I have nearly a week to get them completed and in the mail.- That will be an additional $40 for SD in 60-90 days when the check arrives. I won't be out any gas because they are right on my travel path for work. All I have to do is pull in, do the shop and drive off- I just have to eat lunch in my car those days.- I can do that for $20 each shop.

***

My employer announced they were working on an incentive to assist employees to quit smoking in honor of November National Smoke Out. I made the decision to take this offer and seriously dedicate myself to successfully completing it. So far the offer is only "possibly" free patches.

I am still going to do it. I would then save $1500 a year and $1500 a year ( tax free since it is a savings) is a good thing.

***
I added new tires for my car to the shopping list for next year. That should be covered in my mileage budget. BUT I have been pulling excess each month for payment toward my SD. I don't want to get blind sighted so I went ahead and added the tires into next years shopping list, right under a crockpot. If the SD gets paid off on schedule and I don't need new tires before I set the money aside again- then I'm that much further ahead.

I also added a note to both the crockpot and the tires. I think I know where I can score a free crockpot. And I know that if I remain vigilant I can find a great deal on tires before I need need new tires. This is key,to saving a nice little chunk o' change. If I wait until I need tires, I may not find the best deal. I just need to monitor and research.

The goal is to time the best deal as close, to needing the new tires, as possible. LOL. I am laughing at myself because I use to drop $500 every year on a set of tires in a heartbeat.

***
I am preparing a little experiment.

I have been receiving free grocery items and other things lately. So anything that must be used soon is put into immediate rotation. Any items with distant expirations is being set aside. In January, I am going to see how far into the month I can get without spending any of my own income.

I have enough personal hygiene products already. And I believe I already have enough groceries to get through January. This will be a fun little experiment. More in January for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home