Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Some of You Will be Quite Proud

Friday, I received a phone call from car smasher's insurance company. They left a message that they were sending me a check and to please call them back. I did. This was all early Friday morning. I received no call back.

For those who don't know, this adjuster has been rude from word go. Not just rude but abusive from the word hello. I had to call her boss and ask him to listen to their taped portion of the call. He did and she has been civil ever since. :)

Monday morning, I called PITB adjuster again. She was civil but I gathered she did not like it. Still, she was professional and that is all I ask.
I told her I had called back right after she left a message. She responded that she had needed to verify the spelling of my name and my address. She said she had gone back and listened to the tape and got it from there. She also stated my check should arrive in about 5 business days.

I asked about the rental car mentioned on the estimate. She told me to call back when I put it in the shop. I pointed out that my body shop was about 30 miles from any rental office and that due to work I drive 100-200 miles a day. I noted that this might get expensive for mileage and since I owned a second car, could they simply give me the daily allotment. The allotment is $22.50, if I am not mistaken. She offered $20 a day for 4 days and that she could send a check immediately. I accepted.

$80 extra dollars is a good thing.

So remember:
Keep excellent evidence
Keep records of conversations- In fact in a situation such as this keep a log of all action and inactions ( names, dates, ect.)- even if you are totally honest, if you get mixed up or forget an important fact they may decide you are being dishonest.- This helped my case tremendously- she could not keep her lies straight. Single Ma just posted about the importance of being organized-Read it here
Don't take abuse- or give it
Call a supervisor if needed- don't abuse this
Be honest
Don't be afraid to ask for concessions. I netted an additional $80 that will help offset the rate increase I expect when my insurance company finds out.- They will claim I reside in a dangerous area- phhhht

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home