Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 98- STRESS and Updates

I am almost at a loss for words to describe what has been going on in my life. ALMOST :)

I had my first mammogram with scary findings. This is still being worked out. I have an appintment with a surgeon next week.

I have about $1000 in deductibles already after having several procedures done.

My goal to be debt free by the 4th of July is looking KAPOOT!

I took a serious look at myself and realized I need to get in shape. I am pathetic.

This week there was a departmental meeting:
Seems one person has been a complete pain in the ass. This same person went and filed a grievous complaint against the nicest person in the department. Same pain in the ass, also saw two other coworkers writing a note back and forth during a seminar. When one person was gone to the restroom, pain in the ass went into her purse and took the note, then claimed she found it in her goody bag. Same pain in the ass is a pathological liar. Luckily I was not involved in any of this mayhem. Heck the note was not even all that bad. It was pretty nuetral.
Come meeting time, PITA was skewered. The one who had her purse invaded turned on me and accused me of trying to run her off and had been talking behind her back.. WHAT?????? I liked and respected her right up to that point. I even made a sincere public apology for unintentionally causing her pain and suffering. I acknowledged that she had a right to her feelings and I was sincerely sorry that my actions had caused them, even unintentionally. I also told her that the only things said behind her back were that we felt she carried her self well, she was very professional and had brought a lot to the table. ( how mean spirited are any of those statements??) She repeatedly spewed venom at me.

Turns out she has a major issue with me. When she personally attacked me for the third time I sat back feeling like a heel. After the meeting when I had time to digest and reflect on the situation, I realized she has a screw loose and I need to watch my back with her. She interprets every action on my part as directly or passive aggressively directed at her.

The following day when she was in our office, I apologized and said that sometimes I am a total bonehead. I explained that one of her grievances ( that I had sent her to the office party ahead of me) was because I knew she started AFTER we drew for secret santa and I needed to stop at the store and find a nice gift because I was trying to make sure she felt included. I had not identified myself because I did not want her to feel obligated to me or think I was kissing up. I just wanted to make sure she was included. She very coldly stated, " I appreciate that." She was very insincere.

She has never apologized for her venomous and personal attack during the meeting. And this was after her giving us a lecture that she had never worked with such unprofessional people and had expected better, that she felt she deserved better and the law dictated she should be treated better. I really thought better of her. I truly expected her to come to me and apologize for her actions. N-o-p-e. I was truly shocked but I have not said a word. I accepted full responsibility and it appears I have been given it deserved or not.

When I am the sanest person in the bunch we are all in serious trouble. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home