Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ok, I have settled down a bit

Sorry about all the drama in the last post. As I said I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

let's list some of the things I did to save money.

  • Cooked out with neighbors last night. I provided hotdogs ( Ball Park .50 on sale) and baked beans ( .33 on sale). Even including gas to bake beans, condiments, paper plates, napkins and the charcoal I spent less than $5. They provided buns, beer and good company.
  • While the grill was still hot I cooked up a second pack of hotdogs for lunches this week.
  • I ate leftovers from last nights cook out for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
  • Went to the grocery store and only purchased cigarettes. I used a coupon. This will help me stay out of convenience stores. I bought 2 cartons which will hopefully last me until the end of the month. If so, then I will come in $18 under budget for cigarettes. Sounds like a new challenge- cutting back on unhealthy cigarettes and saving money- works for me.
  • Made tea for this week's beverages
  • Making plans to pack my lunch tomorrow. I made the ice packs and tea, just not decided on what I will be eating.
  • I was able to put $1 in my EF jar- I am doing better. I average $1 a day. I budgeted for $10 a month to put in my EF jar. This is one category I do not mind going over on.
  • I decided that any money left over in a category at the end of the month will be withdrawn from my checking and put in the SD account.
  • Applied for a few free items by coupon. Most of these will fill out a baby shower gift I need to make- gasp- I have 2 baby showers coming up in December or January- possibly even November YIKES
  • Called AOL and was able to get $9.95 a month- should have tried for a few free months. At least I lightened my budget by $5 a month.
  • I was able to add $1 to the EF jar.
  • Tried for an opinion place survey- no dice

While entering today's expenses I noted that I had entered Friday night's food under Groceries instead of Dining. I fixed that and realized I can go out with the ladies this Tuesday as long as I don't spend over $13. I also still have $14 left for groceries in my budget for the month. Neither of those should be a problem. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home