Monday, July 31, 2006

DAY 3 - 31.5 hrs in 72

Whew, I completed 31.5 hours of CEU's in 72 hrs. I attended two seminars one on Friday and One on Saturday and completed 18 hrs of online CEU's just last night. Definitely, a nail biter. Also another lesson in NOT procrastinating. Had I been on top of my game, I could have completed all 30 hrs for $0.00 and I heck of a lot less stress. There are plenty of free classes out there and some are available from work. Instead I spent $262.oo on classes just this week.

CRAP!- that could have been $262 toward SD. That doesn't include time off from work, gas and food. Let's not even discuss the lost time from my week. Saturday alone was 8 hrs spent at a very inconvenient time. And Sunday night UGH, I was cramming 18 hrs of CEU's in 10 hrs. I still need to pay $60 just to get my little gold seal.

In my only defense I would have completed these this week but I canceled my CC and had it re-issued before I remembered that I needed it to complete online classes.

I did learn to use my debit card which is sort of good. I used cash instead of credit which is VERY good. I even had to activate it- it has never been used. I have to say this, online classes I took were better than some of the face to face classes I have taken in the past. Who would have thought?

I am restating a previous goal/commitment; " I am not waiting until the last minute this time." I am going to start rounding up CEU's starting in August. I have one luncheon on my calendar for the last Friday of the month. That bunch is kind of sketchy about actually sending your CEU certificate, but it is early in the renewal game and I will give it a shot. I will also be reviewing available seminars at least monthly. I will try for weekly. I missed several that were free because I did not look. I have set a goal of 20 hrs by the end of this year. The secondary goal is to have that many at no cost to myself. I will only need 10 more in the following 18 months to renew. I am committed to acquiring all 30 hrs free.

The total saving is conservatively $100- I am almost assured 20 free hrs from work and luncheon seminars. That would leave 10 hrs. Two seminars ( waiting for cheap classes) would cost $50 each minimum. At regular cost for seminars ( no freebies) 30 hrs could run $600. I am going to count it at a $100 savings because I do shop around. I just did not do as well as I had hoped this renewal period.

I still have to pay $60 for renewal. Luckily, the Boards have made it easier. We can now do it online with a cc ( lol- I am going to use my debit card and essentially use cash). This saves us having to buy a cashiers check as we have been required in years past. It also saves me sending it with a return reciept. I can verify they received it almost immediately. That alone is worth a great deal. If it does not arrive and you waited till the absolute last minute you can lose your license. Heck nah, I ain't taking that exam again! That was the craziest 4 hrs of my life. And the test is harder- they have over a 50% failure rate right now! I would just go on to Med School. It would be easier than getting a new license with this board.

I also have an interesting strategy to gain several CEU hrs. It could save me a considerable sum of money and time. I will let you know how it pans out.I have to wait until August 1st to start accumulating CEU's again Single Ma's Fabulous Financials would love this deal :) She just loves a good Hustle, I mean bargain.

1 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Blogger Single Ma said...

LOL you know I'z get my hustle on. Handle ya biz sis! Ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home