Friday, July 28, 2006

I received the second check from Gieco. This one is for $80. That gives me a total of $1146 to deposit in my SD account.

I got paid today, but was not able to make it to the office to pick up my check. Depending on the budgeting of that check, I should be able to make a sizeable deposit toward SD.

In September, I receive 3 paychecks. As you can guess, I am going to aim toward depositing all of the third check in my SD account. If all goes well, I will have $3,000/$5000 by October 1st.

I need to kick it up in the outside revenue department. I know that if I busted my butt, I could have all of the money by October 31st. I also know I am not busting my butt at all right now.

I had another plus today. I did not have to pay to eat at all. I attended a seminar and lunch was provided. As were soft drinks- YEAH! $1 in the EF jar. I am thinking about getting a pie chart for the EF. It might inspire me to kick it up a notch. I just checked my jar and I have $15.75 in my EF jar.

For those unaware, My EF jar is an empty chocolate syrup jar that I washed and left the label on to remind myself that saving is sweet LOL.
Everytime I save at least a dollar, I put a quarter in the jar. When the jar is full, I deposit the money in a Credit Union account. I average $70 when the jar is full. My goal is to have at least 3 months of expenses saved. I am nowhere close.

I do have the $1000 EF but it is separate. I use the Credit Union account to build up the 3-6 months EF. While I am paying off debt, I am not budgeting deposits to the long term emergency account. I use the EF jar to inspire me to save more money. This way I am saving money to put toward debt and still adding a little to my EF at the same time.

When I have all my debts caught up, I will budget for the emergency fund.My long term goal for my long term EF is to have a full year set aside. I will start with 3-6 months and go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home