Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day 1- And a successfull trip to Wal-Mart

I am stealing an idea from We’re In Debt I am going to start numbering my days toward becoming debt free.

I went into two walmarts and a grocery store today. How much did I spend?? $0 Everything I looked at, I turned my nose up at. I figured I have it already, I don't need it or I can get by with what I have cheaper. I was quite proud.

I attended the last Seminar needed for renewing my license today. YEAH!

I used a coupon for a free bottle of contact solution up to $8 or $8 off a twin pack. It was only 6.00 for one bottle and 12.00 for two. I hated to waste the extra $2.00 from the coupon so I got two bottles for $5.01 after tax. Since it does not expire until 2008. I went with two bottles. I gotta take care of my eyes.

I did save the receipt for tax purposes. While $5 is not much, It looks like this year I will be itemizing. I had a laptop stolen from one car and damage and a stereo to my other car. Loss from theft is deductable. Those items will bring my deductions up enough to itemize. I need to check out if the vandalism to my house is also decuctable. Man I have been hit hard this year. Next year WILL be better.

Last night one of the ladies in my building cleaned out her purses. I got Four for free. One is genuine Gucci, One is Nine West, One was big and UGLY ( my older sister will love it) and one was small and pink. I added a quarter for each of the three purses I am keeping and USING. I easily saved a dollar on each one.

I also added $1 in quarters to the EF jar for saving $50 at least by shopping around for CEU's. I was going to attend one for 5 hrs at a cost of $160. I attended two, One on Friday and One on Saturday for $50 each. I also attended 2 free luncheons fora total of 2 CEU's in the last two weeks.

I also made a vow to keep an eye out each week for more free CEU's. We do get a few each year from work. I am going to conservatively estimate 10 CEU credits for the next 2 years from work. Those are face to face CEU's.We have to have 10 CEU credits from face to face meetings. We can have up to 20 CEU credits from self study.- My goal is accumulate a total of 30 free CEU's before my next renewal ( July 2008). That is a savings of roughly $500 over two years.

I added a quarter to the jar for remembering to use my free Contact solution coupon before it expires on Monday.


Update: I went to a local grocery. I bought 2 packs cigarettes ( used a coupon) and 4 boxes of Pop-tarts. Why 4 boxes of Pop-tarts?- They were on clearance and only $1.50. I figure for 6 bucks, I can stay away from stopping for snacks before during and after work. I have to break that habit. I can spend 6 bucks easy in one day. These should last 2 weeks.

I am cooking rice and veggies. It will be lunch Sunday and Monday. I am working on cleaning out the fridge and freezer, in anticipation of an upcoming move. :) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home