Sunday, August 06, 2006

Feeling a Tad Overwhelmed

After reading Single Ma's post, I realized that my computer is two years old and my last one barely made it to 4 1/2 before it died the true death of deaths. If you have been reading for a while you know I put out a chunk of change due to a stolen work laptop. I am now concerned about budgeting for a new computer when mine goes copute.

I am contemplating saving all my FF miles( Redeeming FF Miles Update) for the inevitable future purchase of a new computer. Points.com Does have cards for Circuit City.

I could go ahead and buy a laptop now with the miles I currently have. I won't. I don't need one. I am focused on getting out of debt before I upgrade anything.

I am contemplating dragging the life of this computer out past its usual life. When my last one died, I should have just had parts replaced but I did not think it would be cost efficient. I know better now.

I am going to continue contemplating the use of my FF miles.

My car is also making a funny rattly noise- you know the one. The one that usually means new valves. I DO NOT WANT ANY MORE CAR REPAIRS RIGHT NOW! I checked all the fluids and everything is good. It only makes the noise when I climb a certain hill on the way to work. Maybe the incline is just causing the noise. Which means I should change my route because if the incline causes the noise then the incline is causing too much wear and tear on a car that needs to go another 5 years in my game plan.

I am also looking more into the moving situation. Last night I cooked out with the girl who I plan on rooming with and a couple in the building. We discussed all of us moving into a house I know of that will be coming up for rent in the future. I don't know how that will pan out. We do like them and we do share a good deal of the same values. We'll see.

The girl I am originally considering moving in with is not participating a whole lot. She is busy with school and work so this is understandable. It is also good in that it buys me more time to work on getting rid of more of my stuff before the move. Still, the faster we move the more money I will save.

I feel like I should have a second or at least a steady side business(es). I want to be pretty and social and have a long term relationship. I want lots of pretty clothes and a new car. I want a fully funded retirement account. I want to go out to eat a lot. I want to go on great vacations. I want tons of friends that admire and respect me. I want so much and my resources are just not there yet. I want to have the clout of wealth and the admiration of a finacially savvy person. I want my psycho-worker to just chill out and quit backbiting. I want to be known for giving the best gifts. I want to be the smart one. I want all the girls I went to school with who ridiculed me to envy me. I want to be the go to person at work. I want to be incredibly organized. I want it all RIGHT NOW. I am kicking myself because I wasted so much of my life.

Then there is my house. I need to unload it soon. It cost me more and more for nothing in return. There is so much to do and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the things competing for my priorities.

I need to prioritize everything. This week's top three will be:

  • WORK- without it- life would be soooo much more stressfull
  • Car tags- yes, they are late- I am sooo gonna get busted.
  • My house repairs- I just NEED to do the bathroom wall and bathroom fixture-

There is a couple coming down from out of state this week. They will be here on the 11th and they want to look at the house. I need to take this opportunity and use it. The sooner that house is gone the further ahead I will be. Just selling the house would pay off my CC and my Stupid Debt. This is on top of the fact that I would not have the problems I do with the house nor the house payment. The house payment each year would cover the cost of my Grad school tuition in 4 years.

Focus- focus- focus

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Single Ma said...

Wow, you unloaded a lot in this post. That's a good thing because you have it all out of your system. Now take one step at a time, one desire at a time, one goal at a time and try to focus on achieving each one at a time.

Don't be so hard on yourself and please don't compare yourself to others. What looks good on the outside may be turmoil on the inside.

You are blessed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home