Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Day 18- chipping Away at Debt

I made a $14.25 deposit to my SD account. That leaves me with a total of $3592.17 left to raise in order to reach my pay-off goal of $5000.

The $14.25 consist of $13.25 I made at a yard sale my sister had. The weather was aweful but I did make that little change to deposit. I have been looking for other ways to make a little extra to add to this account. the other dollar was from a pocket in my purse. While I was at the bank, i decided to add what was in my purse.

While I was out and about working, I discovered a place that will allow you to have a yardsale and it is next to a big grocery store. They hold this group yardsale every second Saturday of the month.

I called the manager/ contact person. It is first come, first serve and there is no charge to set up your yard sale. I think it is a great idea. It helps the store draw business and local people to earn a little extra money.

Some readers may be familiar with the grocery store. The name is Piggly Wiggly. They call the event Peddling at the Pig. I love it!

My sister and I are having a yardsale the weekend before Labor Day. In that area it is supposed to be a good weekend for holding yard sales. The following weekend, I will hold a yardsale at the Pig. Should be fun and I look forward to the extra dollars I can put toward my current goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home