Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Day 11-

Ok, confessions first. I bought 2 drinks, a hotdog,and a Nutty Buddy bar today. I also bought a box of pancake mix, a box of those flavor staws by crystal light, a half gallon of milk and a bagged salad.

The bad- I did not pack my lunch. I did make more tea, but I did not even carry it with me to work. I was also VERY tempted to check out the Thrifts today.

I had to fill up. Not so surprising. But oh NO, I gotta screw it up. I missed the 2.74 button and hit the 2.87 button. I wasted over .10 a gallon because I was not paying attention. Which with over a 10 gallon fillup cost me $1

The good- I did not eat breakfast from McD's. I opted for a soda ( CAFFIENE) and a .25 Nutty Buddy bar. The second drink I had of the day was a pink lemonade, not so bad.

The half gallon of milk was only .50. I have three days to finish it but hey even throwing half of it away, it is still a bargain.

The Pancake mix?? - I am planning a pancake making marathon. The plan is to make 'em, freeze 'em and save money on breakfast each day. The box states it makes 23 pancakes. All of this for $1 ! Well, $2. I previously bought the syrup for $1 on sale. :) I think this is a much better deal than prepackaged pancakes for Goodness knows how much but I know its more than $1 for one frozen box of six.

The bag of salad mix? That is a good deal. It was Ceasar Salad with all the fixin's. Dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow. Hey, .50 a meal is not bad.

The 10 pk of Crystal light flavor staws? Half Price= $1.74. I'll either use it as a "pick up your day" gift at the office or I'll pick up my own day :)

More good news, I resisted the urge to check out the thrifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home