Friday, August 11, 2006

Day 13-- baby steps

Things are going well. I had my pancake marathon last night. I made 36 pancakes from one box. There are pretty good. I look forward to having easy breakfast the rest of this month.

I estimate 36 pancakes to be 12 breakfasts. that is conservative estimate of $12 saved. When the freezer is less full, I plan on making french toast and pancakes to heat and eat at different times.

Today is Payday- yeah! I can see where I am for the month and I'll get back with you. It looks decent.

Yesterday I was thinking about how hard it is to get ALL the frugal steps in place. Then I realized I was being quite hard on myself. I am doing much better and baby steps will get me further than sitting on my butt.

Soon I will have the cooking from scratch down, soon I will remember to pack my lunch every day. Soon, I will have my frugal wardrobe looking much better. More importantly, SOON, I will be debt free.

I did spend $7 at Wal-Mart yesaterday. I bought two bottles of Spicy Mayo. It will be good in salad dressing, sanwhiches and chicken salad. It was on clearance and I knew I was going to need Mayo so I bought it. I also bought a $3 cuban sandwhich because it was late and I was hungry. ok. I splurged and bought Orange Spice tea on clearance. $1 for a very small box.

I received some very good news. Someone looked at my house and they are going to the bank and trying to borrow the money. YEAH- IF it goes through. I have heard this before and then heard nothing else. heck, the house is way under market as it is now-I am loosing money and it still sits there.

The plusses if it sells: No house payment ( ridiculously low but still). No more maintaining it YEAH and the biggest plus is that the money left over after paying off the mortgage will pay off the rest of my stupid debt AND CC debt. I will still have enough left over to add about one months worth to my EF.

I don't plan to currently stop raising/saving money to put toward my Stupid Debt. I figure every dollar I set aside will still put me that much further ahead. There is nothing wrong with being further ahead in my book.

I plan on taking the amount of the monthly mortgage and placing that in my EF each month. I want it funded for a minimum of one year before I relax on that one. I don't plan to stop adding to it anytime soon, but I may reduce how much I add each month.

Another bit of good news this week. My sister and I will be participating in a BIG yardsale Labor Day weekend. I hope to make $300. I plan on unloading a great deal of the extra STUFF I have in my home. Yep, $300 is my goal. I am already boxing stuff for the big event. I'll keep you posted.

How do you raise a little extra cash from time to time? Post a note and let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home